Wrist Pin Press Tool
This is a great tool for removing the piston wrist pin of just about any engine, and as far as BMW motorcycles are concerned, especially useful on all pre 1981 models with an internal circlip. Without a tool like this, if can be difficult to remove the wristpins without the potential for damage. It is never a good idea to tap the wrist pin out.
The tool is supplied with 5 bushings with the following diameters: 13.0, 15.0, 16.0, 19.0, and 22.0 mm
- Select the proper bushing
- After removing the circlips, insert the spindle through the wrist pin
- Secure the bushing with the supplied knurled nut
- Turn the spindle until to remove all slack and position the tool
- Continue to turn the spindle with a wrench and the wrist pin is drawn into the tool with no damage or strain to the piston rod or bearing.