450w High Output Charging System (both 105mm and 107mm stator frame BMW models)
Updated Design with fewer Components - One Kit fits ALL Airheads - no need to know the stator size
The Kit includes all the components to replace your under-performing 240w BOSCH charging system. Featuring a Permanent Magnet Rotor which eliminates the brushes and potential rotor failure. The Hi-Output Stator produces significant AC voltage at lower RPM's not possible with the original system. The combined Voltage Regulator / Rectifier eliminates the two components most vulnerable to failure on the BOSCH charging system, namely the diode board and the voltage regulator. In addition the kit includes a Rotor Removal Tool, a new timing cover Oil Seal and a Caliper for accurate measurements. The new plug and play harness connects the new alternator to your Airhead electrical system efficiently and eliminates potential wiring errors and having to solder or crimp connectors.
The Total Maximum Rating of the system is 32 Amps or 450 Watts with a smooth measured increase in power:
- 29 Amps / 400 Watts @ 5000 RPM
- 25 Amps / 350 Watts @ 3000 RPM
- 20 Amps / 280 Watts @ 2000 RPM
With correct installation reliability and confidence can be restored to your BMW's charging system - see Installation Instructions on the preparation of your vehicle and installation of the EnDuraLast Charging System in a step-by-step easy to understand manner. The high amperage output of this system at low engine RPM's allows use of additional lighting, heating and other accessories.
Install this Charging System upgrade NOW for the FINAL improvement to your Charging System!
- Bolts right on and wires up simply
- Original Equipment, New, Modern charging technology
- Brushless design eliminates worn out rotor slip rings and brushes
- High-tech permanent magnet rotor will never overheat and short out
- The critically important higher amperage output of this system at low engine RPM's
- Updates the BMW R Airhead original, under-performing 20 amp (max) alternator and rectifier
- Allows use of lighting, heating and other accessories to be used without discharging the battery or overloading the original charging system
- Combination electronic voltage regulator /rectifier housed in finned cast-aluminum housing which mounts remotely for increased cooling and reliability
- Original alternator/engine cover fits over the alternator with no alterations required
- Eliminates "burnt out warning light" no-charge condition of Bosch systems
- Designed and manufactured to modern OEM specifications
- Not recommended for use with lithium iron batteries. A small percentage of customers report failure of the voltage regulator/rectifier when using dry cell batteries due to the greater internal resistance which can cause components to overheat. We recommend conventional wet acid or sealed AGM batteries.
- Can also be used with BMW 1970-1976 w/105mm stator frames
NOTE: The /5 Airhead models require a starter relay modification. Please review the Instructions PDF for details.