Mammoth Retro Tankbag
With the Mammut (Mammoth) tank bag, we have re-created a tank bag with a genuine cult status. In the style of the classic 70's tank bag shape, the Mammut consists of two parts, whereby the lower part can be used on its own. Attachment is by means of two leather straps. The front strap fastens at the steering head. The rear strap wraps around the gas tank and can be positioned to fit a wide variety of tank shapes. The tank bag can be easily expanded up to 23 liters. The transparent map pouch on the top flap offers plenty of room for a map and the transparent pouch on the side is a handy spot for toll passes, etc.
We have used high quality, water resistant modern materials in the construction of this tank bag in place of the fade and wear-prone original materials. The zipper pulls are large enough to easily grab with gloves on. This 21st century version of the decades old favorite retains the classic style while benefitting from modern technology.
Additional details of the Wunderlich Mammut tank bag:
- 6 Liter volume, expandable to 23 liters
- Attachment with 2 genuine leather straps
- Base plate dimensions: 41.5cm x 27cm (16-1/4" x 10-1/2")
- Large 10" X 7" map pouch
- 2-1/2" X 4" transparent pouch on the side
- High quality zippers with large pulls
- Top section removable
- Water resistant materials
- 2 D-Rings on the sides for attaching for example a bungee cord
- Paint friendly, slip resistant underside (like cling-film)
- For raised fuel caps, a hole can be cut into the base plate
- Made in Germany
This tank bag is ideal for the R80 and R100 GS but perfect for any classic bike, whether a BMW or not.